New WIOA Map with SDA-Specific Performance and Unemployment Data
The W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research has produced a useful map of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act’s (WIOA) nearly 600 service delivery areas, which includes the most recent statistics on the employment outcomes and characteristics of WIA Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth participants, along with each area’s unemployment rates.
To go directly to the map, go to Map only
To use the map, hover over the area you wish to examine, then click. The state’s name will appear first, followed by this information.
- Name of the Workforce Investment Board
- Unemployment rates for the most recently available quarters
- Internet link to the area’s Web site
- Data on participants and exiters for the Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth programs
- Performance data on entered employment, employment retention, and earnings for the Adult and Dislocated Worker programs
- Performance data on Youth placement rates for employment/education, and attainment of a degree/certificate
In the upper left corner of the map’s screen are buttons to zoom in or out, a “Home” button to return to the initial map screen.
In addition, another icon in the upper left corner of the map’s screen (it looks like a funnel or a wine glass) allows you to search for the top performers for each performance indicator, plus areas with an unemployment rate greater than the national average.