Census Bureau Online Training Courses
The U.S. Census Bureau routinely offers a wide variety of free online training sessions, including Webinars and 5-minute podcasts, on subjects including
• Using Census Data for Grant Applications
• How to Navigate American FactFinder, including How Do I Locate Info About My Community
• Income data from various Census Bureau surveys
• Population Estimates and Projections, and Population Finder Statistics
• Obtaining Employment Data from Local Employment Dynamics’s “OnTheMap”
• County Business Patterns data
• Educational Attainment data
• Understanding Census Geography
• Customized Searching Through DataFerrett
To see the complete list, go to Census Bureau Educational Resources. Some of the courses are at the Census Bureau, but most (those listed as “Webinar” in the course description) are online. All include an overview plus hands-on exercises, and many include supplementary written materials.
Important note: advance registration is no longer necessary for the Bureau's online training; at some point in advance of the event attendance information will be posted at the above link.
To access numerous helpful Census Bureau training courses at any time, click on “E-Tutorials” on the left side of the screen. Once you arrive at the “Educational Resources” landing page, see the list of topics on the left, which includes employment, education, and many other topics -- or click on one of the broader listings in the center of the screen.
Modified On : January 14, 2014
Type : Post
Viewed : 757